Monday, September 10, 2007

Myopia - I should have seen it coming

Despite having spent over £200 on glasses merely six months ago, it seems my eyes have made yet another change for the worse.

I was surprised on my visit to Specsavers in February that my right eye was significantly lamer than my left eye - by a dioptre. That sinking feeling that something isn't quite right sent me back to the opticians a few days ago for a recheck (which I convinced them they didn't need to charge me for), and a new prescription for my right eye that's now 1.5 dioptres worse than the left.

I have a funny feeling that needing a lens of -5.75 means one of my eyes is shaped more like a rugby ball than an eye. How can my eyes have got so bad? How can one of them have changed so much in six months?

Alas, I was unable to afford a new pair of glasses, so just got one of the lenses changed. Not owning a spare pair, this meant sitting around for half an hour in Specsavers waiting to be able to see again.

Myopia sucks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home